account bar balance wrong

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
The market value for one of my investments is correct, but in the account bar on the left is a different figure. How do I get it to be the same as what the account shows? I'm using Quicken 2013 Deluxe, Windows 10.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

The Market Value of your investments may be correct, but the number shown in the Account Bar also includes your account's Cash Balance.

Which brings up the question:
    In the Portfolio View, are you including the Cash Balance in that view?
    Check this: Click the Customize button. In the popup select the Securities tab.
    Make sure that all securities have a checkmark, including one named "No Security (includes cash)".

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    And check for any prices or transactions dated in the future.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Cash balance is zero, but now I have a bigger problem. The entire issue started when I tried to convert investor shares at Vanguard to Admiral shares. I just "sold" the one and "bought" the other and that caused the discrepancy. So just now I deleted the sold and bought entries and the two amounts were the same again. I then tried to do a Corporate Acquisition (Share to share) as was suggested on another site... and now the balance says I have 1.7 million dollars, which would be really nice, but... So I deleted those entries and it STILL says I have 1.7 million dollars!
  • volvogirl
    edited August 2017
    I have Vanguard too. When mine converted if the price/share stayed the same I just changed the name and ticker.

Here is what I found........

To switch to Vanguard Admiral (I have several) you should use Corporate Acquisition (or the new Mutual Fund Conversion) and you have to manually calculate how many new shares you got for each ONE old share. Took me 3 times to notice that part. So you may have to do some dividing on paper first. Don't worry if the price per share comes out fractionally different. Just be sure the # of shares and cost is accurate. Most of my conversions to Admiral were for all the same # of shares. So I just changed the name and symbol. One fund was so close I just did an adjustment and removed .176 shares. I had 536.743 shares before and they converted in only 536.567 shares.

• volvogirl
    edited August 2017
    volvogirl said:

I have Vanguard too. When mine converted if the price/share stayed the same I just changed the name and ticker.

To switch to Vanguard Admiral (I have several) you should use Corporate Acquisition (or the new Mutual Fund Conversion) and you have to manually calculate how many new shares you got for each ONE old share. Took me 3 times to notice that part. So you may have to do some dividing on paper first. Don't worry if the price per share comes out fractionally different. Just be sure the # of shares and cost is accurate. Most of my conversions to Admiral were for all the same # of shares. So I just changed the name and symbol. One fund was so close I just did an adjustment and removed .176 shares. I had 536.743 shares before and they converted in only 536.567 shares.

Ps......I'm using Q2013 Premier

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    volvogirl said:

Trying the corporate acquisition is what got me into trouble.
    But I deleted that entry and the amount of money I supposedly have is still there! Do you know how I can get it back to what it was? I don't see anything else to change.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled corporate acquisition eror.

Quicken 2013 Deluxe, Windows 10. I tried a Corporate Acquisition and royally messed up my account. It now says I have 1.78 million dollars in that account (which would be REALLY nice!), but even after deleting everything it added for me, it STILL says I have 1.78 million dollars. Help!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    In Account Overview, I saw that the price per share had somehow changed to a different amount. When I changed it to yesterday's price, all returned to normal.
  • volvogirl
    edited August 2017

In Account Overview, I saw that the price per share had somehow changed to a different amount. When I changed it to yesterday's price, all returned to normal.

So are you ok now?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017

Yes, and what a relief! Thanks for your assistance - it helped me to keep looking.
This discussion has been closed.