Account Activity

I have been monitoring the account activity under the Security tab (account manager website) and I have been noticing a login from an unknown device from Boardman, OR.  I changed my password and added the two-step verification, but this unknown device log in is still showing up.  I know the log in record is not coming from one of my devices because the some of the log in times are after midnight and before 6am.  

Anyone else noticed this unknown device log in from Boardman, OR?  

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Do you have Quicken Connect enabled for this account? If so, it's probably Quicken doing it's overnight gathering of transaction information. I don't know the physical location of Quicken's servers. But for Quicken Connect, Quicken does an overnight gathering of your account data for download to your computer when you do an account update using Quicken Connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Boardman,Or. is a farming community in the middle of nowhere, literally nowhere.  Now, is Quicken there, not according to their website.

All that said, I can't find the screen you're looking at.  I can't find either a security tab or a account manager.  I'm using Quicken 2016 Mac.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    RickO said:

Do you have Quicken Connect enabled for this account? If so, it's probably Quicken doing it's overnight gathering of transaction information. I don't know the physical location of Quicken's servers. But for Quicken Connect, Quicken does an overnight gathering of your account data for download to your computer when you do an account update using Quicken Connect.

I have the Quicken App on my phone that syncs with what I have on my computer.  The app only syncs when I open it.  The activity log shows when my phone logs in to do the sync.  So I know the Boardman activity is not coming from my computer or my phone.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Ken said:

Boardman,Or. is a farming community in the middle of nowhere, literally nowhere.  Now, is Quicken there, not according to their website.

All that said, I can't find the screen you're looking at.  I can't find either a security tab or a account manager.  I'm using Quicken 2016 Mac.

I am using Quicken 2017 for Mac.

This is how to get to the website I am referring to:
    1. Go to https://www.quicken.com and sign in
    2. You should now be at the "My Account" page.  Click on "Change" under Account Information.  This will take you to the https://accounts.intuit.com/ website.
    3. Log into the intuit site and you should now see "Profile" "Security" and "APPS" tabs.
    4. Click on the Security tab then go to Account Activity to see what devices have logged into the account.
  • RickO
    edited August 2017
    RickO said:

Open menu Accounts > Settings for the account in question. What does it say next to Connection Type?
  • RickO
    edited August 2017
    RickO said:

My guess is that's it's Quicken servers logging in for processing of any accounts you have set up as Quicken Connect connection type.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    RickO said:

Its not a certain account that I am using Quicken to track.  The activity log is showing that an unknown device is signing into my Quicken account.  

I do not link any of my accounts to Quicken.  I update the accounts manually.  I do this because someone actually logged in my Quicken account a couple years ago and changed the password and contact information.  Quicken wouldn't help me get back into the account. I had to create a new account when I switched over to Quicken 2017 for Mac.  
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Alex, have you changed your Intuit password? That might stop any login that shouldn't be occurring.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes I changed it when I first noticed the unknown logins but that didn't stop it.
  • RickO
    edited August 2017
    Alex W said:

Yes I changed it when I first noticed the unknown logins but that didn't stop it.

So that pretty much tells you that it's in internal Quicken function that's logging in. Makes sense.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Ken said:

Ahhhhh, Thank You..

Ok, I think I know what it may be and you net experts can agree or disagree.  I always log on at almost exactly the same time every day, this is how I'm figuring this out.  When you log on it's not directly from your ISP's location, in this case AT&T, it can bounce to different server nodes then go to the Quicken Server.  I believe THIS is what is being picked up by the OP.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    RickO said:

There's an Amazon data center in Boardman. It looks like Intuit uses that data center.
    http://www.ip-tracker.org/blacklist-check.php?ip=ttlc.intuit.com
    If the link doesn't work, Google "intuit boardman oregon".
  • I believe its a data center, another one that pops up is Ashburn VA w 17 Data Center, Intuit is apparently was and Is using the Boardman Location near the river there for Mint now and since the buyout Id imagine not all infrastructure has changed, I found a Boardman and Ashburn location on an account recently after I try to do a Mint update before I switched over to Quicken. The location will come up as mobile location also but thats for the purposes of sending Data to mobile and is just Tagging, I was freaking out when I saw unknown mobiles and did a web dig on the subject and found companies have been expanding their data center presence at that location and that this location is causing alarm across various site and users and thought id back up what the 2017 Unknown said to help other people who have similar panic modes as mine. So I dont think its some overactive rural hacker in OR or the government out of DC area openly logging into everyones accounts. Furthermore some of the sites I use have pull the IP login logs from their app/site GUI and have a team to monitor them as I suspect many have called in with concerns wasting their time lol.
This discussion has been closed.