Quicken does not properly download transactions and balances from my Merrill Lynch account. Does an

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Merrill Lynch download

Comments

• Michael33@
    Michael33@ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Seems to be a problem with all my investment accounts. UBS, Vanguard, Schwab, Etc. Also if you enter manually or purchase additional shares it will not update the share totals.
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    Lyn Buddenhagen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Are you using Quicken for Mac, and what version please? I have not updated from 4.4.3 and have had no problems downloading from Merrill Lynch (other than all sweep money-market transactions are ignored) - but I have seen a lot of problems that might be happening for later versions. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    version 2.8.9 - but I downloaded Quicken 2017 (I assume its the latest) and it didnt work there either.
  • Michael33@
    Michael33@ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Using Version 4.5.4 (Build 45.17432.100). I am going to migrate back to 2007. At least it works and handles all my transactions and summarizes correctly.
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    edited May 2017
    Michael said:

Using Version 4.5.4 (Build 45.17432.100). I am going to migrate back to 2007. At least it works and handles all my transactions and summarizes correctly.

You may not have realized yet that QM2007 was an Intuit product, but QM2017 is being built from the ground up by a separate company that now owns the Quicken product. The QM2017 does not have many of the features that QM2007 had. At least yet. If you are successful in going back to 2007 please let us know, but be aware that Intuit only supports a product for a certain number of years, not forever. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Michael said:

Using 4.5.8. Only certain transaction fail to download from Merrill Lynch Wealth Management. No consistency. Transactions in two accts.
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    edited September 2017
    Michael said:

Hi Bill, I was using and am now using the same versions as you in QM2017. The only transactions NOT downloaded for my Merrill Edge (self-directed) accounts are money market sweep transactions. Is it the same for you?
    The Quicken people keep insisting that this is the fault of the financial provider, that these transactions are not being transmitted, but I see the same complaint across several FPs. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Michael said:

No, the transactions that failed to download were: 1 direct deposit; 1 check that I wrote, and; 1 credit card charge transaction.
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    edited September 2017
    Michael said:

Then sorry, Bill, don't think I can help you. I don't use my brokerage accounts to write checks or do credit cards. I do have automatic withdrawals and transfers between Merrill accounts, and that works fine for me. Sorry again and good luck!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Michael said:

My Raymond James investments download flawlessly.  The Merrill Lynch retirement accounts ... a mess.  I wish someone could tell me how to remove the DuPont shares it keeps telling me we own ... We don't, due to a merger ... The resulting DowDupont shares download accurately.  But it still downloads ownership of DD, and those shares were all converted to the DowDupont shares.
This discussion has been closed.