In QWIn 2017 securities quick fill fails to remember previously entered securities

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When trying to enter new transactions for an existing security, Quicken 2017 doesn't list all Security Names in quick fill, even though the name and symbol are shown on the security list.  So, I have to go back to the Investing tab, find the security symbol, return to the investment account register, enter the symbol in the Security field, select the security symbol and name from the list provided in the dialog box, click next, read another dialog box that Quicken will add the security and click Done, and start to enter the transaction all over again.  How do I get Quicken to list all securities in the Security List in the Security Field of the investment register?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Is the security marked as "hidden"?
    Is the security Type set to Stock, Mutual Fund, etc., as applicable ... anything OTHER THAN Market Index?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    UKR said:

Is the security Type set to Stock, Mutual Fund, etc., as applicable ... anything OTHER THAN Market Index?

UKR,

You nailed it!  For some reason, Quicken had set the securities that were giving me such a problem as "Market Index".  I changed them all and voila, they all showed in Quick Fill now.  

Thank you so much for your help!  I spent hours trying to resolve this with Quicken help and searching this site to no avail.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    UKR said:

BTDTGTS.
    Don't ask why, but newly added securities like to default to Market Index unless you explicitly select the correct Security Type.
This discussion has been closed.