Running balance column is empty

Reed Welch
Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I have 9 brokerage accounts, for both investments and retirement. One of the retirement accounts now has "blanks" in "Balance" Column, which in not correct, all other accounts seem to be fine, but who knows with all these updates. And I cannot balance that account. Any ideas on how to fix this problem??????
QM2017 Version 4.6.5 (Build 46.19125.100) OSX Ver 10.12.6

Comments

• Alan3
    Alan3 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Try sorting by date. I believe that a running balance will appear only if you sort by date.
    On another issue, you write that "all other accounts seem to be fine, but who knows..." Have you compared the Quicken entries and balances with those shown on your online brokerage account pages? If they match, Quicken is working correctly.
  • Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I shut down my MBA, then restarted, and balances magically appeared. Not what I consider to be the best solution.
    Yes I have reconciled to my institution, which was correct 24 hours ago, both places, but now not correct, online web site is correct, but not QM2017, over 45 transactions to review for now, would have thought that QM2017 would have done that correctly - now faced with a task I didn't want to do.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    See this post: Running Balance Not Showing
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    Lyn Buddenhagen Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    RickO said:
    That's a good post, RickO. I struggled through all those things myself, since Quicken is essentially a DIY product.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    RickO said:
    I didn't write it, Lyn. We need to thank @smayer97 for putting it together so clearly.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.