Municipal bond maturities not handled correctly on Quicken 2017 for Mac

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
In June a municipal bond that I owned in a Fidelity Brokerage account matured and the principal from the bond was deposited into my core account.  The face value of the bond was $5,000 (for 50 Quicken Shares) but Quicken recorded the transaction as a sale of 500 Quicken shares for $50,000.  Please correct this problem.  I am currently using Q2017 v 4.6.4 but will soon update to v4.6.6.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    It's a matter of how Fidelity transmits the data. Just go in and edit the transaction to make it correct.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Of course, I edited the transaction and made it correct.  It is a communication problem between Fidelity and Quicken.  There were a host of other problems with municipal bonds in Quicken which I reported (and shared my files, I believe) that were corrected.  This one was not corrected.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

Of course, I edited the transaction and made it correct.  It is a communication problem between Fidelity and Quicken.  There were a host of other problems with municipal bonds in Quicken which I reported (and shared my files, I believe) that were corrected.  This one was not corrected.

I think it's pretty common for bonds to be off by a factor of 10 due to different interpretations of basis points. Not sure why it happens, but usually easy to correct and hopefully doesn't happen that often.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

If you don't know about this bug it can really mess up your account balance. It's worth trying to fix.
This discussion has been closed.