QWin 2016 Not Downloading Daily Prices

Michael Leu
Michael Leu Member ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Investing (Windows)
Since approximately 8/28, Quicken 2016 update (price history) has not been downloading daily prices correctly. It appears to only download the closing price,and only do that for the date closest to the current one. High, Low, and Volume show zero, and there is no data whatsoever for the intervening days (i.e, if I update on Sat., I get Friday's closing but nothing else for the week). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. To help us provide you with the most appropriate answer, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac), what version (2016, 2017, etc.) and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you are using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Michael Leu
    Michael Leu Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Quicken Premier 2016 for Windows, Version R14, Build 25.1.14.5, U.S. Version - Thanks
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    From C. D. Bales:

Usually, when you see price records in your Quicken Price History that have only a closing price, that means that price came from the holdings downloaded from your financial institution - not from a Quicken Quote download. And those prices from the financial institution are only for the single date of the downloaded holdings.

Have you looked at your Quicken Security List to see that the securities whose price you want downloaded have their "Download Quotes" box checked?

Also, near the bottom of your One Step Update Summary, in the "Services Updated" section, should be a line that indicates how many of the prices selected for download were actually downloaded. [The report you can link to on that line may not give the correct names for the securities whose price did not download.]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.