Can't add a New Transaction to IRA acount just set up in Investments

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
There has to be an easy solution to this...  I have Quicken 2017 for Mac and just added a new Investment "IRA".  I am unable to add new transactions manually to this account.  I want to add my investment holdings in this account and everything in Transactions is greyed out.  I do not want to download my transactions as I am not finding my Financial Institution avaukable. Please help...must be easy!

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Cheryl, do you have the holding set up under securities?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    It was created under 'Investing' as a 'Retirement' account.  How do I enter my holdings?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Have you selected (clicked on) the individual account register in the Account bar on the left?
    AFAIK, you can't enter transactions if you're not in the individual register view.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    UKR said:

Have you selected (clicked on) the individual account register in the Account bar on the left?
    AFAIK, you can't enter transactions if you're not in the individual register view.

You can enter investment transactions with individual accounts or higher level groupings selected. Perhaps Cheryl is looking at the Portfolio view and not the Transaction view of the account? She would have to click on Transactions bubble towards the top to be sure.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Ok- All set!  Got is going.  Thanks so much for the replies.
This discussion has been closed.