"Quicken Data Access Guarantee" vs inability to export investment transactions????

Options
It seems that a) you can no longer export investment transactions to a CSV file like you could with Mac 2017 and b) you still can't export investment transactions as part of quicken transfer file.  So, how can Quicken guarantee you will have full access to your data and the ability to export it? This is clearly not the case.  

The Quicken Data Access Guarantee means that whether you renew your subscription or not, you'll always have full access to and ownership of your data. You can view, edit, export, and manually enter transactions and accounts for Deluxe and higher versions, even after your subscription ends*.

Comments

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It looks like an export will work if you do it from the "parent" folder containing the individual accounts. Try going to: Brokerage > Transactions and then export CSV. The CSV mentions the account, so individual accounts could then be parsed out.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you.  although if I wanted to move to quicken version that doesn't really help me. 
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    When you say 'quicken version' Do you mean the windows version? Sounds like you know more than I do about the transfer file.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes, we need to know what your plans are. The QXF transfer file format does support investment transactions. Export/Import into a QMac file, and it will work. Quicken for Windows currently does not import investment transactions. But, QXF import on that side is so screwed up that is the least of your concerns.

Exporting to QMTF to go back to 2007 for Mac won't support investments. 

I deleted all my Beta copies of 2018 and have not received the official release yet, so I cannot confirm that you cannot export investment transactions to CSV. I would be surprised if anything was changed as not much was changed in that area. 

As far as "data access guarantee" meaning putting your data into an agnostic format that you can easily take to a competitor-I don't think you will ever see that. That would be helping the competition (even though there is very little in Mac personal finance software offerings.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017
    Options

Yes, we need to know what your plans are. The QXF transfer file format does support investment transactions. Export/Import into a QMac file, and it will work. Quicken for Windows currently does not import investment transactions. But, QXF import on that side is so screwed up that is the least of your concerns.

Exporting to QMTF to go back to 2007 for Mac won't support investments. 

I deleted all my Beta copies of 2018 and have not received the official release yet, so I cannot confirm that you cannot export investment transactions to CSV. I would be surprised if anything was changed as not much was changed in that area. 

As far as "data access guarantee" meaning putting your data into an agnostic format that you can easily take to a competitor-I don't think you will ever see that. That would be helping the competition (even though there is very little in Mac personal finance software offerings.)

(even though there is very little in Mac personal finance software offerings.)

Methinks you've never looked.  There are quite a few Mac offerings...and I can think of THREE VERY GOOD offerings that work extremely well and have better reporting capabilities and support for transfers in reports.

And I know for a fact that ALL THREE will import from Quicken Mac.
This discussion has been closed.