How do I generate IRR and RIO reports using Quicken 2018 for Mac, deluxe subscription? Mac OS 10.13

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
How do I generate IRR and RIO reports using Quicken 2018 for Mac, deluxe subscription?  The Quicken website says it can be done.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Greetings!

If you look at investing, under the Portfolio view, there are three drop-down menus along the middle of the screen.  If you set the one on the left to "Performance", you should see the options for displaying IRR and ROI for your securities.

• Mark419
    Mark419 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    QM 2018 Premier ver 5.2.1 - I do not see an option to display IRR.  The Performance Report has columns options for Ave Annual Return and ROI, but no column for IRR.  Am I missing something?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Average annual return and IRR are the same thing.
  • Mark419
    Mark419 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    IRR and Avg Annual Return (AAR) are the same thing only on the yearly anniversary of the equity purchase.  If there are multiple purchases/sales, AAR may not be the same as IRR on the anniversary of any of the transactions.  IRR includes multiple changes in its calculations and factors those changes into the end result based upon the date of the transaction relative to the date of the calculation.
This discussion has been closed.