Options Download

Lakedaisy
Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken Mac 2018 Premier V5.2.1.  Options don't download.  Went to Webchat 2 hours ago. Said wait time was 6 minutes.  90 minutes later Webchat closed itself stating an error occurred without a rep coming online. So much for the 24/7 Webchat.

Anyway.  I'm still running Quicken Windows (2018 now.)  And just started Quicken Mac 2018 after giving up on Quicken Mac 2015 a couple years ago (I think.)  2018 Mac appears so much better in this build.

Quicken Windows correctly downloads a Stock Option purchase.  I purchased an option yesterday.  Downloaded fine in Windows, but wrong in Mac. 

Mac states "You have shares missing cost and acquisition date (cost basis)"  Same error also lists "10 Shares reported by brokerage", "0 Shares tracked in Quicken" and "10 Shares unaccounted for."

Am I to assume that Quicken Mac doesn't download Stock Option Purchases correctly as Quicken Windows does?  And that I must remember the next day to go into Quicken Mac to manually enter the transaction, then find and correct the error as it doesn't notify me there's a new transaction as Quicken Windows does? Thank you. 

Was hoping for support from Quicken Support, but there doesn't seem to be any as I've been back on WebChat for 25 minutes with no response.
Quicken user since 1986

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    I am not running Quicken 2017 for Mac but I am getting too many emails regarding that version.
  • Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    There doesn't seem to be a way to chat with quicken.  After about 30 minutes to an hour and a half wait online, the site generates an error and disconnects.

Stocks Options don't work at all in Mac 2018.  Downloads incorrectly and can't manually enter.  Only way to get an Option into Mac 2018 is to convert the Windows 2018 file and open it.
    Quicken user since 1986
  • Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Took 4 days but finally got through to support.  She pointed me to a quicken discussion for quicken 2017 where same problem was happening.  I said I know and that I reported the same problem in 2015. Developers only want to get enough code out there to sell the product.  Not fix existing problems. 
    Quicken user since 1986
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    QM18 like QM15, 16, & 17 before it does not handle options well. When you download from your Fi there will be no transaction download, you will have to remember that you purchased an option, then go to the transaction register & scroll to the beginning of the register & locate the placeholder which is shown in  light gray, edit the transaction and set up the option transaction. QM does not understand contracts so you will have to go back into the register & edit the transaction to show for ex 1 contract is 100 shares..The option will not be shown properly in the PV, but the key thing to come away with  is that the option after being closed will be correct in the Tax Schedule under Schedule D short term g/l. 
  • Scott Jones
    Scott Jones Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm using the latest version of Quicken for MAC.  I use E*Trade.  I like to trade ETF's.  I also like to write covered calls and sell cash secured puts.  I've noticed when an option expires without being exercised and I capture the entire premium, there is no transaction for the expired option downloaded from E*Trade.  Has anyone experienced this problem? 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018

I'm using the latest version of Quicken for MAC.  I use E*Trade.  I like to trade ETF's.  I also like to write covered calls and sell cash secured puts.  I've noticed when an option expires without being exercised and I capture the entire premium, there is no transaction for the expired option downloaded from E*Trade.  Has anyone experienced this problem? 

I am not using E*Trade , but observe similar situation with WFA. I simple close it manually.
This discussion has been closed.