missing reports in qmac2018

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I need to use the capital gain report, but it is not available in the report options.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Diane, I'm not sure if you're coming from another version of Quicken, but there has not been capital gains report, per se, in QMac. However, a portion of the Tax Schedule Report does contain this information. 

When you run a Tax Schedule Report, click the Customize button. Set the timeframe as desired. Set the accounts to just Investment accounts to reduce other information on the report. Set the Categories and Tags to "None". (Hint: if you use "All", it will exclude uncategorized and untagged transactions, so you don't want to do that.)

You can collapse the Schedules A & B sections and just view the Schedule D, which is capital gains. You can export the report to CSV (upper right) to open in Excel or Numbers and further format. Or you can export to TXF for import directly into tax software.

If it's just a matter of viewing some of this info, you can look at the realized gain section within the Portfolio view. But unfortunately, this info cannot be printed or copied.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sounds like you are new to QMac. You will find the current reports and ability to print reports nearly useless. This alone has prevented me from upgrading. I still use QMac 16. 
  • RickO
    edited November 2017
    WillyH said:

Sounds like you are new to QMac. You will find the current reports and ability to print reports nearly useless. This alone has prevented me from upgrading. I still use QMac 16. 

Do you mean you use QWin 16? The reports have only gotten better from QM16 to QM18.
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    WillyH said:

I would love to upgrade. I concurrently run QWin17.  Every week I need to run a report of my investments. In QWin, I use the Portfolio Value Report that I customized for me and then print and do some spreadsheet work from that.

Is there now some equivalent to that? Seems like all the info I need is on the Investments screen in QMac but there is no easy way to print it. A while ago I asked a similar question and was given a workaround with a way to import to Excel. I think maybe? by you? That works but it is cumbersome. Certainly NOT elegant.

Now I have read that this workaround is not able to happen with QMac18? So is there now a way to print, either to paper or PDF, the info that is on the Investments screen?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    WillyH said:

Nothing available as of yet in QM18, best case is to run the work around per RickO's post above.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    RickO said:

Diane, I'm not sure if you're coming from another version of Quicken, but there has not been capital gains report, per se, in QMac. However, a portion of the Tax Schedule Report does contain this information. 

When you run a Tax Schedule Report, click the Customize button. Set the timeframe as desired. Set the accounts to just Investment accounts to reduce other information on the report. Set the Categories and Tags to "None". (Hint: if you use "All", it will exclude uncategorized and untagged transactions, so you don't want to do that.)

You can collapse the Schedules A & B sections and just view the Schedule D, which is capital gains. You can export the report to CSV (upper right) to open in Excel or Numbers and further format. Or you can export to TXF for import directly into tax software.

If it's just a matter of viewing some of this info, you can look at the realized gain section within the Portfolio view. But unfortunately, this info cannot be printed or copied.

@RickO, still following your counsel i.e. investments for taxes. Will use the data supplied by the Fi & import into TT  .As previously mentioned my data WRT Schedule A is fairly precise so I am comfortable importing that data in TT for 2017 taxes
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    RickO said:

Thank you. Yes I am missing all of the features that were available in QMac 2007, still the best Quicken version ever, IMHO.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Thank all of you. I am not new to Quicken, I have been using it since 1994. I am just missing all the features that were available in QMac2007, still the best version of Quicken, IMHO.
  • RickO
    edited November 2017
    WillyH said:

No, unfortunately, they broke the workaround (select all, copy, paste into Excel). You can no longer copy from the Portfolio page, nor can you print it. The only meager workaround is to do a screenshot (or multiple screenshots) and print that. 

I sure hope they at least restore the ability to copy/paste, or better yet, to export to CSV. And the ability to print the Portfolio screens.
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    WillyH said:

Thanks for your help. I'm giving up on QMac now. It is a decent checkbook balancer though. Probably as good as the one they had 30 years ago which brought me to Quicken. 
This discussion has been closed.