QWin: short options are dropped

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
periodically an option that I have sold short drops from my reports.  It is shown properly in the register and I have tried the file operation validation, but that does not help.  I have had to go back to may last backup file with the short option shown to rebuild the files

Comments

• K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Steve.  What release in Quicken and what reports are you referring to?  I sell a lot of options so maybe I can be of some assistance.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    just check again this morning and option no longer appears in portfolio report.  checked to see if option was shown in the list of securities and it does not appear in the list, although it does appear in the register properly  quicken 17 deluxe version r15, build 26.1.15.5
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    steve said:

just check again this morning and option no longer appears in portfolio report.  checked to see if option was shown in the list of securities and it does not appear in the list, although it does appear in the register properly  quicken 17 deluxe version r15, build 26.1.15.5

At the bottom of the Securities List (CTRL-Y) have you tried checking "Show Hidden Securities"?

Because the scenario that you present, "Security in the account register but not in the Security List", should technically be impossible.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    steve said:

Thank you. Some how I had hidden it
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    steve said:

I always hide them after the expiration date.  Otherwise you'll have waaaaaaay to many securities to look through when trying to enter a trade.
This discussion has been closed.