How to record consumer loan where the money deposited into saving

Options
NordinKa
NordinKa Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Investing (Windows)
QRPM 2017 R15

I just made a loan and the money was deposited into my existing saving account. In Quicken, when I create Loan account, and transfer the money from Loan account to my saving, it affected the total spending report.

It count the transfer as an expense, making the total spending very large in negative figure.
It suppose not count this transfer since this is actually them money deposited into my saving account after I made the loan.

How to handle this situation?

*all my transactions are manually inputted.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

"It suppose not count this transfer since this is actually them money deposited into my saving account after I made the loan".

Quicken is not going to make such decisions on its own.

For the most part, you have control over which transactions appear in which Quicken reports. And when it comes to "transfers", you have several different options to select/de-select transfers from reports.

- You can elect not to include any transfers in a report (Customize > Advanced > Transfers).

- You can elect not to include transfers FROM or TO any account in a report (see the Account-categories at the end of the regular categories at Customize > Categories).

- And for even finer control, you can put something unique in the Memo field of transactions that you can use to select/de-select those transactions from a report. To do this, use Customize > Categories > Memo contains. Click the question mark in the yellow circle in the lower left to get details on using the "Matching" choices on the Categories, Payees and Tags tabs.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.