Getting investment information into a spreadsheet

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
In a previous version of Quicken for Mac, you could select the investments displayed from the accounts selection and copy them to a spreadsheet. This is no longer possible. Is there a way to download investment holdings into a spreadsheet? Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    I have not found a workaround for this in QM18, but the development team is aware of the issue and I think understands the importance of getting it implemented soon.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm not sure what you need, but in QM17 I can highlight all of the accounts and paste values directly into a spreadsheet. Here's the steps:
    1. Click on "Investing" in the Accounts bar. This brings up all investment accounts (make sure you're in the Portfolio view).
    2. Starting at "Holdings by Account" click and drag over all of the accounts to highlight them.
    3. Copy and paste into a spreadsheet.
    Excel looks like this after pasting (I made up the shares and values). Hope this is what you were looking for. If not, sorry.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    John M said:

I'm not sure what you need, but in QM17 I can highlight all of the accounts and paste values directly into a spreadsheet. Here's the steps:

1. Click on "Investing" in the Accounts bar. This brings up all investment accounts (make sure you're in the Portfolio view).
    2. Starting at "Holdings by Account" click and drag over all of the accounts to highlight them.
    3. Copy and paste into a spreadsheet.
    Excel looks like this after pasting (I made up the shares and values). Hope this is what you were looking for. If not, sorry.

Yes, that works in QM17. But they broke it in QM18 with the revamp of the portfolio views. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

I have not found a workaround for this in QM18, but the development team is aware of the issue and I think understands the importance of getting it implemented soon.

Sure hope they do and soon. I just upgraded to QMac18 from 16 and was pleasantly surprised. I was pretty close to giving up on Quicken. Now maybe there is some light at end of tunnel. Printable reports please, and I can then finally get rid of (the bloated) QWin17 which I run concurrently.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    I should have mentioned in my question that I'm using Q18. Rick O is right. It did work in Q17. Glad to hear that development is aware of the issue.

Thanks John M for taking the time to write out the instructions. Hopefully Quicken will put the capability back in soon, or better yet: create an investment report that outputs to a spreadsheet. 
This discussion has been closed.