Usability requests

Joe Mrkvicka
Joe Mrkvicka Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Two things I would like to see.  1 - Can the Price History entry screen be kept within the Quicken window size?  I do half screen Quicken and half screen browser to do periodic entry.  The Security Detail View window is fine but the Price History for: window and Price History Entry windows display in the middle of the screen by default. 2 - Can the header for all of the Holdings screens be locked in position so when one scrolls the column heading remain visible?  I have an account with 100's of positions.  The usefulness of these views would be greatly improved if the column headings remained visible.
Tagged:

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    For your suggestion #2, use the Portfolio instead of the Holdings view. In the Portfolio, the column headings remain in place when you scroll.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Joe Mrkvicka
    Joe Mrkvicka Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thank you! I had not looked at that view before. Like it!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Thank you! I had not looked at that view before. Like it!

You are quite welcome.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    mshiggins said:

For your suggestion #2, use the Portfolio instead of the Holdings view. In the Portfolio, the column headings remain in place when you scroll.

Portfolio view are also much more flexible than Holdings views, though they are in the Quicken window frame rather than their own frame.  Customize as needed with respect to accounts, securities, columns shown, dates, etc.  
This discussion has been closed.