All securities not displayed in Portfolio display

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Two of my retirement securities do not appear in the portfolio display when I select "All Investing Accounts" "Group by Security," but several others do.  One of the "missing securities" is visible if I switch to "All Retirement Accounts" display.  The other is only visible if I click on the specific account the security resides in.  I've checked all the settings for each security and can't see anything different between any of them.  It all seems very random.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    What version of Quicken for Mac are you using?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Quicken 2018 Version 5.4.4 (Build 54.21024.100)
  • RickO
    edited January 2018
    I'm seeing a similar (or maybe the same) thing. This is the top level Investing group selected in the sidebar. With the Performance view selected, Group By Security, and one IRA account selected from the dropdown menu, I am seeing all 28 funds in the account displayed. If I then change the last dropdown to All Retirement Accounts, I only have 4 funds listed (and none of them are in the single account's list). 

Given that the former should be a subset of the latter, I can't understand why they would not be displayed. I may be missing something, but unless we come up with another explanation, this sure looks like a bug to me.

Stephanie, are you looking at the Performance or a different view as selected in the first dropdown. And are you staying within the sidebar Investing group, or switching to the individual account in the sidebar?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Ah ha! I was looking at Performance. When I switched to Portfolio Value all my securities show up.  I am staying within the overall sidebar Investing group. When I select the sidebar Retirement group, the same thing happens--I can see all the securities is Portfolio Value view but not in the Performance View.  When I select the individual Retirement account, I can see all the securities no matter which view I select. 
  • RickO
    edited January 2018

Ah ha! I was looking at Performance. When I switched to Portfolio Value all my securities show up.  I am staying within the overall sidebar Investing group. When I select the sidebar Retirement group, the same thing happens--I can see all the securities is Portfolio Value view but not in the Performance View.  When I select the individual Retirement account, I can see all the securities no matter which view I select. 

So, it seems like something odd going on with the Performance view. Since it's newly implemented, I guess it wouldn't be too surprising if there's a glitch there. I'm going to ponder it a while longer and see if I can think of an explanation.
  • SquawkTalker
    SquawkTalker Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I have a similar problem but I cannot get certain securities to show up under "Value" - no matter what I do to the name of the security.  It is random issues with securitiues (AAPL, HOV, others throughout the year).  
This discussion has been closed.