Update entry and paycheck reminder at the same time

Unknown
Unknown Member
Often the itemized values on my paycheck change. When this happens, I have to update the cehcking account entry that has already been automatically created and then update the income reminder with the same changes. It would be handy if I could do both at the same time. Maybe if I edit a registry entry, the program could know that the original values came from an income reminder and offer to update the reminder, too.
Tagged:

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Have you tried updating the reminder first, then entering.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, that would work, except that I have Quicken configured to automatically enter these. So, I usually don't see the changes until after the entry has been made, when I'm reconciling. Then I have to go online to view my paycheck, see what changed, and use that to update both places. I don't know of a way to re-enter a paycheck reminder that has already "fired".
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I would go online to view the check first, edit the reminder, and enter the transaction. Killing the auto entry would also be my approach with a changing event.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Mark,
    you might save yourself some time and hassle if you changed the reminder from Auto-enter to "Remind me ...".
    When you have the paystub in hands
    first enter the paycheck with corrected amounts,
    then download transactions from the bank (making sure it matches correctly) 
    and finally reconcile.
This discussion has been closed.