total up bond shares

Lauren Babus
Lauren Babus Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I want to reconcile with a spreadsheet that uses the face value of my bonds (i.e. # of bonds purchased or shares as Quicken calls it).  To get that number each report has to be exported to excel and then summed.  Is there any way to pull a report directly that will add them up?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Not that I know of.  In most cases adding 'shares' is adding apples and oranges, but in the case of bonds with a share being a consistent (I think) $100 face value, I think it makes sense.

The Maturity Dates report for bonds could be modified to show that I would think.  I would suggest it sum 'Shares', and Value, and also offer a subtotal by time period (month, quarter, year) or by account (like most other reports).     

That report would also be the easiest for you currently to export to Excel and sum.  
  • Lauren Babus
    Lauren Babus Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I tried using that report but couldn't get it to sum shares or values.  Were you able to do that?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I tried using that report but couldn't get it to sum shares or values.  Were you able to do that?

The report as currently programmed does not do summations. I was saying it would be a good improvement to that report.

I was also saying it would be a good report to copy into Excel so that you could have Excel sum it up, rather than "each report" as you have been doing (apparently).
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    See my "Idea" post here -- https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/bond-maturity-report-b8avjlybqfbmk?rfm=1&top...

Add to it if you see other possibilities.

"Vote" for it (top right) if you like the idea.  

"Idea" posts are suppose to get more attention from the developers, sepecially those with more "Votes".  
This discussion has been closed.