QWin 2017: Delete Web Portfolio

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
How do I delete a Web Portfolio?  There is an option to delete and verifies that I want to delete.  But doesn't delete it.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

In another post on this subject matter, Jim Harmann posted this:

here is how to delete a portfolio on investing.quicken.com:

1. log in to investing.quicken.com
    2. on the investing home tab, click on Manage Web Portfolios and watchlists
    3. find the portfolio you want to delete and click on Manage portfolio at the right. This will show the details of your portfolio.
    4. At the top you will see Manage Web portfolio and the portfolios's name. Next to that, click on Edit name/currency
    5. change the portfolio name to one with no spaces, then click on Save changes
    6. Go back to Manage portfolios and Watchlists, you should see the renamed portfolio.
    7. Click on the X next to the portfolio name
    8. Confirm the deletion
    After that is done and if you haven't done so already, please do not forget to deselect the option to update investing.quicken.com in One Step Update Settings.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    I am not finding the option to Edit name or Currency.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You might see if this discussion helps -- https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-do-i-remove-an-account-from-intuits-investin...
    I am not sure the browser limitations are applicable currently, and there probably have been other changes -- but maybe?
  • ChrisHolzapfel
    ChrisHolzapfel Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I'm also having this issue, I've tried IE and chrome, neither work. This is ridiculous we're still having an issue that's 3 years old!!!!
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    UKR said:

In another post on this subject matter, Jim Harmann posted this:

here is how to delete a portfolio on investing.quicken.com:

1. log in to investing.quicken.com
    2. on the investing home tab, click on Manage Web Portfolios and watchlists
    3. find the portfolio you want to delete and click on Manage portfolio at the right. This will show the details of your portfolio.
    4. At the top you will see Manage Web portfolio and the portfolios's name. Next to that, click on Edit name/currency
    5. change the portfolio name to one with no spaces, then click on Save changes
    6. Go back to Manage portfolios and Watchlists, you should see the renamed portfolio.
    7. Click on the X next to the portfolio name
    8. Confirm the deletion
    After that is done and if you haven't done so already, please do not forget to deselect the option to update investing.quicken.com in One Step Update Settings.No longer works. Manage is not available.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    OK, take a slightly different track-  It used to be you could Add a new portfolio with exactly the same name and delete using red X; you still can delete, but do not return to the Manage screen, use the Delete link in the screen that created the new portfolio.image
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2019
    Having the same issue. I should NOT have to rename something just to delete it. 

[removed - off-topic/rant]
  • Bill22
    Bill22 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017

OK, take a slightly different track-  It used to be you could Add a new portfolio with exactly the same name and delete using red X; you still can delete, but do not return to the Manage screen, use the Delete link in the screen that created the new portfolio.image

Thank you markus1957 works like a charm.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

Worked.. until the next sync... then they came back.. AND I'm missing one of my Portfolios that I do want!  The "Select accounts to view online" clearly has NO effect...  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Works, but what a crazy workaround!
  • bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Would have never figured this one out.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.