Downgrading from 2017 Premire to 2018 Deluxe ?

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Been a long time quicken user (early 1990's), and currently have 2017 quicken premier version.  5 years ago, I quit as my own investment advisor and hired a professional.   I no longer do any physical stock manipulations.  However my investment advisor does.  For the last 5 years I've only monitored his actions (he is a great guy, but I try to be informed on different market segments and if I see some thing I don't like, I tell him about it).  So basically I just download (daily) my investment status + bank transactions + Credit Card transactions. 

For years I have also used turbo tax (Deluxe version), but never really used quicken to feed the turbo tax data.  On the reporting side, I do produce Capital Gains reports, Investment Advisor performance reports, etc. and that's about it.   

My question is if I switch from Premier to Deluxe, what do I lose ?  

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Storageman,

If you decide to switch from Deluxe to Premier, the main feature you would be losing is the Portfolio X-Ray view for investments and the Zillow Zestimate tool. 

The other things you would be losing is the free year of Quicken Bill Pay, up to 15 payments a month and access to Premier Support, these features are bundled with the Premier and Home, Business and Rental Property sku's for the newest release of Quicken for 2018 and can be added for additional fee's to Deluxe if you wish.

I hope this information helps but please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    IMO, based on your stated use of both programs, you would lose nothing.  

I have found QW2017 to be suitably reliable for my use.  Since downloading capability will continue through April, 2020 for that program, I do not see switching to the new 'subscription' model (1 year to 27-month 'download life') until closer to the 2020 date.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi Storageman,

If you decide to switch from Deluxe to Premier, the main feature you would be losing is the Portfolio X-Ray view for investments and the Zillow Zestimate tool. 

The other things you would be losing is the free year of Quicken Bill Pay, up to 15 payments a month and access to Premier Support, these features are bundled with the Premier and Home, Business and Rental Property sku's for the newest release of Quicken for 2018 and can be added for additional fee's to Deluxe if you wish.

I hope this information helps but please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah - Thanks for the reply.  Since I have never used the Portfolio X-Ray View, Zillow tool, Bill pay and as far as Premier Support ?  I maybe OK with the Deluxe Version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    q.lurker said:

IMO, based on your stated use of both programs, you would lose nothing.  

I have found QW2017 to be suitably reliable for my use.  Since downloading capability will continue through April, 2020 for that program, I do not see switching to the new 'subscription' model (1 year to 27-month 'download life') until closer to the 2020 date.  

Yes 2017 works quite well today.  But I have noticed over the many years I have used Quicken, the software degrades the longer you use the downloading features. 

Time will tell.
This discussion has been closed.