Does anyone have any experience converting Q15 to Q2018 for Mac.

I recently received a mailing telling me that Quicken for Mac 2015 connected services will be discontinued??  I see a lot of conversations about Q2007 & Q2017 but few using Q15.  I am currently using version 2.9.4 build 29.14668.100.  This kind of scares me because I have data going back to 1994.  Excuse me if I messed anything up. This is my first posting.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Greg. Appreciate your question.

Migrating from 2015 to 2018 is very easy. When you install Quicken 2018, it will ask if you wanted to import data from your Quicken 2015 file..The process is pretty much automatic from there.. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Yes, if you rely on any online connectivity in QM15, then you will need to upgrade to a more recent version. When Harold says that the upgrade process is easy, he's not kidding. Because QM15 through QM18 are essentially the same program with updates along the way, there really is no conversion process but rather a fairly minor update to the database to work with the later programs. If you were concerned about having to go through a major conversion like you did to get from QM07 to QM15, don't worry, it is much more straightforward than that.

If you upgrade to QM18, you will notice that the subscription period has changed from 3 years for QM15-QM17 to between 12 and 27 months depending on where you purchase. There are also three levels or editions to the product now. See this chart to determine which you need:

https://www.quicken.com/mac/compare

As before, you can continue to fully use the program offline after the subscription ends, except for the Starter edition.

Prices for QM18 vary quite a bit, so be sure to check Amazon, Office Depot and other online retailers for the best deal and subscription term you are comfortable with. Yes, the subscription does cost a bit more for you if you only updated your Quicken every three years. But there have been some pretty dramatic improvements and there are major improvements planned going forward, so I think you'll be pleased.

One other option you can consider. You could try to find a copy of QM17 on eBay or similar. The online functions of QM17 expire 4/30/2020 (about the same time as Amazon's 27 month QM18 subscription). Depending on the prices you find, you might save a bit. But QM17 will not receive any of the ongoing improvements that QM18 will over those 2+ years. So I would still recommend going with QM18 if possible.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    This set of comments is EXTREMELY useful to me. Thank you very much for taking the trouble to write.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018

Hi Greg. Appreciate your question.

Migrating from 2015 to 2018 is very easy. When you install Quicken 2018, it will ask if you wanted to import data from your Quicken 2015 file..The process is pretty much automatic from there.. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Thank You for the info it is very helpful.
    Greg
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    RickO said:

Yes, if you rely on any online connectivity in QM15, then you will need to upgrade to a more recent version. When Harold says that the upgrade process is easy, he's not kidding. Because QM15 through QM18 are essentially the same program with updates along the way, there really is no conversion process but rather a fairly minor update to the database to work with the later programs. If you were concerned about having to go through a major conversion like you did to get from QM07 to QM15, don't worry, it is much more straightforward than that.

If you upgrade to QM18, you will notice that the subscription period has changed from 3 years for QM15-QM17 to between 12 and 27 months depending on where you purchase. There are also three levels or editions to the product now. See this chart to determine which you need:

https://www.quicken.com/mac/compare

As before, you can continue to fully use the program offline after the subscription ends, except for the Starter edition.

Prices for QM18 vary quite a bit, so be sure to check Amazon, Office Depot and other online retailers for the best deal and subscription term you are comfortable with. Yes, the subscription does cost a bit more for you if you only updated your Quicken every three years. But there have been some pretty dramatic improvements and there are major improvements planned going forward, so I think you'll be pleased.

One other option you can consider. You could try to find a copy of QM17 on eBay or similar. The online functions of QM17 expire 4/30/2020 (about the same time as Amazon's 27 month QM18 subscription). Depending on the prices you find, you might save a bit. But QM17 will not receive any of the ongoing improvements that QM18 will over those 2+ years. So I would still recommend going with QM18 if possible.

Thank You very much for the info.  It is very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.