Find invoiced item

Options
How do I find invoiced items from past invoices? Using Quicken for Windows 2017.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

What, specifically are you looking for?

How many invoices you wrote for Payee Name = Acme Anvils?
    How many "Widgets" you sold to how many customers?

More details, please.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    How many "Widgets" you sold to how many customers. Plus date and price.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

What category are your "Widgets" allocated to?

Please try this:
    Itemized Categories report.
    Customize to select only the Customer Invoices account and the category of your "Widgets".
    Sort by Description (customer name).

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's as close as you can get.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I may not be selecting the right prompts or entering the right information. A more detailed description of what I'm looking for: I sold company "A: a number of widgets last year. I need to find out when and how many times I sold them widget B as well as how much I charged.  I do appreciate your help.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

"How do I find invoiced items from past invoices?"

If you want to locate transactions containing specific invoice items by their "item name", I know of no way to do that in Q2017 or earlier.

If you have something unique in the invoice item "Description" for each invoice item, or you have a unique category name for each invoice item; you can search for either of those (the invoice item "Description" appears in the invoice split transaction "Memo" field). A global search, a register search, a find/replace, or a Banking > Transaction report can locate/display transactions based on the contents of their category or memo fields.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.