How do I enter cost basis manually in brokagage accounts in 2018 Mac , where missing and no lots a

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    The Cost Basis come from your Buy or Sell transactions. If you are setting up a new account, you must enter the Buy transactions for each Security you own. After entering your Buys your balance should be negative. To offset that balance you have to add a positive Opening Balance at the beginning date for your account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Bruce,   thanks for your reply.
    I am porting over from QW to Mac with a Charles Schwab account and four of my issues don't have any cost basis.
    If I understand you correctly I need to make an entry for the original buy then make and account adjustment entry?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Jim said:

I am porting over from QW to Mac with a Charles Schwab account and four of my issues don't have any cost basis.
    If I understand you correctly I need to make an entry for the original buy then make and account adjustment entry?

That is correct.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Jim said:

Many thanks.
  • Alexander940
    Alexander940 Member ✭✭
    I have the same question but if the above is an answer, it's unclear.  Specifically, where and how do I fix an erroneous cost basis
This discussion has been closed.