Download from Fidelity NetBenefits incomplete

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I am attempting to migrate to Quicken Premier 2018 for Mac. I just created new accounts for 401K, connected to Fidelity NetBenefits to download the current data. Out of 4 accounts, 3 were downloaded perfectly (albeit history limited to just 3 months....), whereas the 4th account only downloaded the recent transactions but not the prior balance.

For those accounts that worked fine, in addition to recent transactions there is one entry for each security in the account, with the corresponding number of shares in them. The failing account does not have such entries.

I attempted to reconcile by disabling downloading and reconnecting again, it did not work.
I also deleted the incorrect account and created it again, did not work either.

This is very strange....

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    This is confusing .. now the missing balances have appeared in the account ..... all accounts are just fine .... This is no longer a problem....
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Are these transactions a light gray?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes, they are light-gray, as it is also the case on the other accounts.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Jaime said:

Those are called Placeholder transactions. They are the equivalent to Opening Balance Adjustments-they set the correct (total) share balance for each security since you only have 90 days of history. If these investment accounts contained cash, you would also see a Placeholder for the cash balance. With Fidelity Netbenefits, you don't see any cash (at least I don't in my 401k-the one I mentioned entering all the older data for.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Jaime said:

Yes, I understand the type of transactions. Thanks - at least this one is clear.
This discussion has been closed.