Rental Manager 2017 rent payment date conflicts with statement

To get the rent payment to jive with the Rent Center month columns, I have to enter the rent payment with a date within that month it is to be assigned even if I receive/deposit the payment in the previous month (i.e. the 30th). This is a problem with reconciling the associated rental income account. Example: If I deposit $500 in Feb. for a March rent I have to show it as received in March or it will show up in Feb. in the Rent Center. But by doing that, Feb. won't show the $500 so that I can include it in the reconciliation.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Same problem here. Any answer?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    No. I just went back and adjusted the dates to the correct deposit dates for reconciliation purposes and will just know that some months in the Rental Center, the fields in the month columns will show double the correct amt. I have also decided not to use those Rental Center interfaces to enter rent income and expenses. I am going to enter them as I do on my other personal accounts and be sure to use the proper rental tag associated with that rental on every entry. That's all that's needed to get proper reports, etc.
This discussion has been closed.