Stock Ticker and Total Share Balance Not Shown Under "Investing" Tab

Options
Robert Edgar
Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I recently purchased shares in an NYSE listed company.  The transaction was downloaded and recorded in the account ledger, but the stock and related information does not appear under the "Investing" tab.  I am using Quicken 2018 V. 26.1.6.11 and Windows 10.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Did you customize the Portfolio view to include the account and security to the view?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with Quicken 2015
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    mshiggins said:

Did you customize the Portfolio view to include the account and security to the view?

Yes.  All other securities in the same account are displayed in the Investing tab.  The security shows up everywhere, except with the other securities under the Investment tab.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Does the security show up in the Holdings (account summary) view for the account in question?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yes, the security and related transactions are all there.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    OK, perhaps you have two overlapping securities in Quicken and only one of them is showing in the Investing view.

Go to tools/Security list and make sure the Show hidden securities box at the bottom is checked. Click on Security at the top to sort by security name.

If you have multiple entries for the same security, you will want to pick one as the "keeper " Click on each security name to see the its transactions  Generally the keeper will be the one with the most transactions. Note if two securities have different tickers or CUSIP numbers, you will generally want to keep them separate.

First, back up your data file in case something goes wrong. Then edit each transaction for the security you want to remove and change the name to the one you are keeping. When you are done, there will be no transactions left for this security, the Delete button for that security will be enabled in the Security list,  and you can safely delete it. You may need to scroll the Security list window horizontally or  make it wider to make the Delete button visible.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If by "Investing Tab" people mean the portfolio view under the investing tab, almost invariably a missing security in that view is because of the customize selections applicable for that view.  There are some 18 different views (Show: ___) available in the portfolio view and each one of those can be individually customized for account selection, security selection, and in other ways.  Customize is the first place to look for when missing securities.  (See mshiggins comment from a week ago.)  There are separate tabs for selecting accounts and selecting securities.

IMO, the security selection should typically be Select All, but I realize that is not applicable for all users.  When it is Select All, new securities are automatically included in the list.  If the selection is selective, new securities are not automatically added; the programming is assuming the selectivity takes precedence.)
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Problem solved. I did not realize I could customize the "Portfolio View" by account and security.  I added the security and "voila"  thanks.
This discussion has been closed.