Investment History

Rob Debelak
Rob Debelak Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Can Download investment history in Quicken for MAC 2018?  I see only data from today's download (updated from pc to MAC today) - is all history tracking data now gone?!

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Did you convert from QW to Qm ? If yes, are you saying that your investment history did not come over in the conversion?
  • Rob Debelak
    Rob Debelak Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes. Data that came over actually doubled one of my account values. I deleted the whole account and added new as of today. Number total of value is now right, though it reflects a 96% personal performance gain for one year (I wish, but that’s just not right)
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Take a look at the beginning of the account register , check for placeholders which Quicken may have added in the conversion. the placeholders are in light gray. review them and then determine if they need to be edited or deleted.  backup your data file before working the placeholders.let us know how it goes
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018

Yes. Data that came over actually doubled one of my account values. I deleted the whole account and added new as of today. Number total of value is now right, though it reflects a 96% personal performance gain for one year (I wish, but that’s just not right)

Generally speaking, you can only download 90 days of past data from a brokerage. Rather than deleting the account, it would have been better to track down what caused it to double and fix it, rather than just starting over -- if you want and need the history.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Rob Debelak
    Rob Debelak Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks much - I appreciate the feedback
This discussion has been closed.