Will the new quicken for Mac convert my data file which was left after upgrading to High Sierra 10.1

Will the new quicken for Mac convert my data file which was left after upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.3? I learned what others know that this operating upgrade meant my older version of Quicken would no longer work.. All that is left are a few files including a data file in Text/edit format.  Before purchasing the new Quicken for Mac 2017, I would like to know if i can retrieve my old data.  Thank you so much to whoever can help me along here (maybe someday i will learn to backup before upgrading major systems!)

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Mike, appreciate your question.

Updating the operating system should not cause issues with the Quicken file itself. You should still be able to use this file in Quicken for Mac, unless you are upgrading from a different version.

Please let us know if you are upgrading from a previous version of Quicken so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank you Quicken Harold for your prompt reply to my question.  On the question of previous version of Quicken, what I had under my former operating system (Mac OS X 10.6.8) was a download of Quicken Essentials for Mac that I downloaded in May, 2013.  Does it make sense that this version did not "carry over" to High Sierra? 
    Gratefully,
    Mike T 
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Mike, thank you for the reply...

The data from Quicken Essentials would be able to be upgraded to 2018:
    ...even if the program is not available.

Hope this information is helpful.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    thank you Quicken Harold.  I was successful in downloading the upgrade and converting the old files.  thanks for your help and encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.