Update for Quicken for Mac

I just did the update for Quicken for my Mac that flashed across my screen.  One of my accounts now has the wrong account number on it . It is now downloading transactions TWICE!! I called quicken support and the helpful tech person told me it is because I have a MAC. What kind of lame excuse is that??

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello cmjart488,

We deeply apologize for the issues with downloading transactions and receiving negative response from our customer service group.

I would check out this thread for some assistance with duplicate transactions: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-registe...

Which version of Quicken for Mac are you using? 

Please let us know so that we can best assist you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I called back and spoke with a very helpful woman, Brandi, who walked me through the dilemma. I still had to go back and delete all the extra transactions by hand. 
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi cmjart488,

Glad that it got resolved.. Sorry for the manual entries that you will have to do..

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    i'm giving up.. this is still a BETA and is not ready for prime time.. if anyone bought their subscription from Amazon they are very reasonable.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I see there are many helpful people on this forum, some seem to be experts with Quicken, others represent Quicken.  No insult intended, but whomever deleted my previous comment relating to me thinking this Quicken is like a Beta, not ready for prime time, that's not the way to deal with obvious issues.  Delete the person instead of fixing the problems?  I've been using Quicken / mac since around 2001 - any criticism was meant to be constructive, and an expression of frustration that I'm going to have to go back to 2007 upgraded until the new owners of Quicken do better than what we have now. 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    SCYSR said:

I see there are many helpful people on this forum, some seem to be experts with Quicken, others represent Quicken.  No insult intended, but whomever deleted my previous comment relating to me thinking this Quicken is like a Beta, not ready for prime time, that's not the way to deal with obvious issues.  Delete the person instead of fixing the problems?  I've been using Quicken / mac since around 2001 - any criticism was meant to be constructive, and an expression of frustration that I'm going to have to go back to 2007 upgraded until the new owners of Quicken do better than what we have now. 

There are many folks here who are still using Q2007 because they still do not have the features  needed to transition to QM18. Some folks simply run both programs, which can get tedious. The Quicken folks have been making improvements to the program but it will take 2+ yrs to get compatible with QW &  Q2007.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    SCYSR said:

That's an encouraging assessment.  Maybe the Quicken folks can offer an extension to the paid for subscription because right now to pay for 2 years (as I did) and not being able to depend  on it, -- that's what bring on the "I give up".    I'll probably be deleted for suggesting that.   
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    wow, i've been deleted again..   hey delete person, i'm trying to be constructive.. not argumentative... the only argumentative is astounded that you delete people's thoughts if they are not favorable to quicken!   Quicken people, isn't Tyka being a little ridiculous, and in the end, harming the good name of quicken in terms of building loyalty?  

"This reply has been removed by Quicken:
    Replies can be removed by community moderators if they contain inappropriate content or private information.
    Quicken Tyka, a moderator for Quicken, gave this reason for the change:
This discussion has been closed.