auto reconciliation

Ed Patterson
Ed Patterson Member ✭✭
During the auto reconciliation after selecting all of the entries downloaded from the bank Quicken does not display "Done" in the account I'm working. Only until I leave the main register and move to another and then come back to the main register do I see the "Done" action button to complete the auto reconciliation and move the cleared transactions to reconciled.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Can
    you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    I experience the same issue periodically, as well as the cursor not automatically advancing to the next unmatched item. The button in question says Finish Later, but if I select it, it auto-reconciles. Seems like a display update issue...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am trying to understand the OP's term of Auto Reconciliation. I believe the OP is talking about the Downloaded Transactions and Bill and Income Reminder Section/Screen that expands upward in an account register when transactions are downloaded via OSU. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In running WQ2018 R6.12, when I cannot view the Option Buttons  of Accept All, Accept, and Done, etc. at the bottom of the screen when accepting downloaded transactions, I then select (click on) the Wording of "Downloaded Transactions (x)" at the top of the Section again. In doing this, the Program always refreshes for me the whole section screen to even show the Buttons at the bottom (including the Button of Done).

I will further experiment to see if heightening the Section Screen/Window affects showing the complete or partial screen. I am running with the Screen/Window adjusted to its minimum height possible.
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Ed Patterson
    Ed Patterson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Attached is what I see when I finish with the received transactions.image
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Ed, if you can reconstruct your screen shot, what happens when you:

1. Move your cursor to the last line of your account register above the Accept transaction Screen/Window until the cursor becomes a vertical up and down arrow.
    2. With that Cursor, stretch the Accept transactions Screen/Window vertically up to its maximum height. At this point, you might just see only the last transaction in the above account register window.

Do the Vertical Scroll Bar(s) disappear in the Accept Transactions Window, and do the Buttons at its bottom reappear?
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ed, also in that same screenshot, what happens when you select (click on) the Wording of "Downloaded Transactions (3)" at the top of that Window again? I know that this would only be a work-around if the action restores the Buttons again.

The Development team should refine the Workings of properly displaying the Screen/Window and its Buttons; no matter the height of the window.
  • Ed Patterson
    Ed Patterson Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Jerry, that appears to be the issue. I shortened the register and the Done button appeared. Thanks for the assistance.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

You are welcome. Just trying to pass on my experiences with a potential great software Program. (grin)

The development team still needs to correct the processing of the working of both Vertical Right Scroll Bars in the Accept Transactions Screen/Window!!
This discussion has been closed.