Accounts Receivable Not Showing in Sales Receipts

I am using Quicken 2018 on Windows 10.

I added an Accounts Receivable Account (Asset) and then added an invoice. The invoice is for the last calendar. When I look at Schedule C Tax or Profit and Loss Statements reports for 2017 or 2018, the sale does not show up. I need the sale to show up at the time it was shipped (invoice date). I checked the reports and all accounts are checked.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

So you entered a Customer Invoice and gave it a date in 2017 (I assume that's what you meant by "last calendar")

What Category did you assign to the Invoice Line Items? Must be a category with a Schedule C Tax Line Item assigned to it.

Which accounting method have you chosen? And has the invoice been paid already, and when was it paid?

See Quicken Help for more details.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the response.

Yes, I entered the invoice for 2017 and it was paid in February 2018. I am using the catagory sales, which is tied to Gross Receipts on Schedule C.

I am using cash method.

I was told previously that all sales needed to recorded in the year shipped and that I was not paid because it was on credit, would be placed as bad debit. Looking at the screenshot, it seems that this would only apply if the accural method is used.
This discussion has been closed.