Invoice field headers no longer printing after new 2018 update

Quicken: Home & Business 2018
R4.4 build 27.1.4.4

I have been using the same invoice form (customized) for the last year.  After the new Quicken program update the field headers no longer print (or email).  They show up on screen - Bill To, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Rate, Hours, Amount, etc. but when I print the invoice they disappear.

I can't send an invoice with no field descriptions!

Is there a solution, fix, or work-around?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Have you gone into the Invoice Form Designer and checked to see that everything was correctly selected?

In Q 2018 they changed a few things around.
    Among other things, you can now select a color for the column headers other than black. To change that, click the gear icon next to Invoice Layout and look for "Column Header and List" in the popup menu.
    Also check the "Set Fonts" option for "Headings Font" and choose which font to use for column headings. To make the white text print better against a colored background I chose a bold font face. A regular font was a little too thin to print properly.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2019

Have you gone into the Invoice Form Designer and checked to see that everything was correctly selected?

In Q 2018 they changed a few things around.
    Among other things, you can now select a color for the column headers other than black. To change that, click the gear icon next to Invoice Layout and look for "Column Header and List" in the popup menu.
    Also check the "Set Fonts" option for "Headings Font" and choose which font to use for column headings. To make the white text print better against a colored background I chose a bold font face. A regular font was a little too thin to print properly.

I can only use black and white on my invoice (restriction set by employer) so the colour option was actually a hindrance.  For some reason with the Quicken upgrade my invoice template got changed to white text on a white background - thus invisible!  Your suggestion to set the font for the headings is where I found the colour selection and saw it was set to white.

Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Robert,
    I did some more digging and I wanted to document the results for everybody to see.

Here is what I found, applicable to Quicken Windows 2018 US and Canada:

You can change the color of the Column Headers as well as the color of the Headings Font itself.

For example, if you don't like the black background in the Column Headers because it uses too much ink / toner, you could change the black background to white and then change the Headings Font's color to black from white.

Here's an example where I changed the background to a light yellow and the Headings Font to black and bold.

Not really documented anywhere that I could find, but one can now change all fonts used in an invoice to different colors.

This discussion has been closed.