forecasting business receivables for cash flow

Quicken H&B for Wdws: Been trying to obtain a cash flow business forecast without success.  I have loaded in all my invoices into my customer invoice account, and input all the different due dates and amounts: no cash flow forecast.  Any future payment fails to appear in a cash flow report, even if I open the end date to the future, trying to include the future invoice payment dates.  Am I asking too much of Quicken here?

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello maineuropa,

The Cash Flow reports are compiled based on the assigned category of the invoice items, typically the cause of missing transactions in a business report is due to the categories not having an assigned tax line item.  If you view the invoice item categories in the Category list (Tools > Category List) - are there tax line items associated with each category?

If not, I would recommend reviewing the following article on tax line items and how to assign them:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-assign-tax-form-line-items-category

If there are tax line items assigned to the categories then the next step I would recommend is reviewing https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-track-activity-my-banking-accounts & https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-get-answers-quicken-business-reports for more information on business reports and how to customize the data.

I hope this information helpful but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

A Cash Flow report is not a very useful tool for forecasting; it requires recorded transactions.

I believe that the bulk of the "forecasting" available in Quicken is dependent on "Reminders", which can indicate future transactions that are not (yet) recorded in any Quicken account register.

I would take a look at the "Cash Flow" tab on the "Business" tab. I believe that display intends to take into account both recorded actual transactions and Reminders.

[You should include your Quicken Year and Release when posting ... in addition to the Quicken Edition.]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

A Cash Flow report is not a very useful tool for forecasting; it requires recorded transactions.

I believe that the bulk of the "forecasting" available in Quicken is dependent on "Reminders", which can indicate future transactions that are not (yet) recorded in any Quicken account register.

I would take a look at the "Cash Flow" tab on the "Business" tab. I believe that display intends to take into account both recorded actual transactions and Reminders.

[You should include your Quicken Year and Release when posting ... in addition to the Quicken Edition.]

Quicken 2017 Home and Business R15.13
This discussion has been closed.