emailing an invoice. Still dealing with the same issue I asked for assistance on 4 months ago. Lat

Ron Kernan
Ron Kernan Member ✭✭
See post from 4 months ago. Can't email invoices with Quicken Home & Business. 

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Are you using a Yahoo email address as your Quicken ID?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ron Kernan
    Ron Kernan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    No
  • Ron Kernan
    Ron Kernan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm using Outlook as well.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited May 2018
    What version of Quicken, Windows and Outlook are you using? Is your Outlook 32-bit?
  • Ron Kernan
    Ron Kernan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Home and Business 2018, windows 10, Outlook 2010, 64 bit
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited May 2018
    Quicken 2018 does not use an external email program to send invoices. Have you tried using a different email address in the From: box?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Ron's original comment about problems with emailing invoices was here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/problem-emailing-invoices-in-new-version-of-quic...

He stated:

Same problem, can't email invoices. I get Printer not activated,Error code -30. And, "the pdf file  that you want to replace is in us by some other application. Please close application and try again." All that's running is Quicken. I've tried the validate and repair printer settings several times. It wants a quicken pdf driver. Where might that be? it all worked just fine with 2017.

Looks like we all missed his comment in the middle of an otherwise heavy message traffic.

Assuming that the Quicken PDF driver is properly installed and functions correctly ...

Have you tried printing a report to the Quicken PDF printer to verify that?

The folder to which the PDF file is written must not be accessed by any cloud backup software (e.g., Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox) or any NAS backup server. "File in use" messages would be indicative of interference from another application.

Are you up-to-date on software updates? You should be running Q 2018 at Release R 8.8.

• Ron Kernan
    Ron Kernan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Quicken 2018 does not use an external email program to send invoices. Have you tried using a different email address in the From: box?

When I click the email button on the invoice, i only have one choice for typing in who i'm sending it to. When I type in my own email just to see what happens I get a message: " Printing to: Quicken PDF printer, On: Documents\*.pdf", and "Printer not active - Error Code 30."

I've set the Quicken PDF Printer as the default printer and the result is the same.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

This is not for the faint of heart ... but it may get
    your Quicken PDF printer working again.

https://www.quicken.com/support/not-able-print-pdf-windows-64-bit-systems

Before you go through the entire process, read the document. Look for the Port Name instructions and ensure that the Quicken PDF Printer on your system uses Port = PDF1
    If that's already set on your system, perform the entire list of actions.

• Ron Kernan
    Ron Kernan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The port is set to PDF1, but even though it's the default printer, it says printer not activated - Error code 30. when i hit ok, I get a message, " The PDF file you want to replace (?) is in use by some other application. Please close that application and try again"  The only thing running is Quicken
    Thanks for trying to help.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited May 2018
    I had the same problem when I tried to email an invoice. I solved it by using QCleanUI (https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken) to uninstall Quicken and then downloaded and reinstalled the latest version. I also removed the Quicken PDF Printer before reinstalling.
This discussion has been closed.