How to change Quicken ID in App preferences on Mac

I'm using Quicken 2018 for Mac. Several months ago, I changed my Quicken ID from one email address to a different one. Normally I have no trouble getting into Quicken, but every now and then, a dialog pops up asking for my password. It always shows the old email address and I have to replace it with my new address. When I go to Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services, it shows the old address as my Quicken ID. If I click the Edit Account button, it takes me to my Quicken account with the new ID. 

How can I get Preferences to recognize my new ID? I tried signing out of the Quicken app and signing back in, but it didn't help.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    I would try the following...

1) In Connected Services, click See All Cloud Accounts and delete any duplicates and those no longer in use. 

2) Click the blue RESET link on that screen.

3) Open Keychain Access (Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access). Search the old email address and delete any entries related to Quicken. Also delete the item named "Quicken" of kind "application password". 

See if that helps.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Stu Janis
    Stu Janis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

I would try the following...

1) In Connected Services, click See All Cloud Accounts and delete any duplicates and those no longer in use. 

2) Click the blue RESET link on that screen.

3) Open Keychain Access (Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access). Search the old email address and delete any entries related to Quicken. Also delete the item named "Quicken" of kind "application password". 

See if that helps.

Thank you for the suggestions. I think #3 solved the problem.
This discussion has been closed.