Net Worth reports Cost Basis, not Portfolio Value

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have twin boys, and I created two identical Quicken accounts (e.g. boy1.QDF and boy2.QDF) for each of them to track their minimal investment account. Both accounts had the exact same investments, buys and sells over a 5 year period. When I run a net worth report for boy #1, I get a net worth report that accurately reports the current portfolio, including any unrealized gains. It matches what is reported by the investment firm.

When I run open the other Quicken account and run the same net worth report for boy #2, I get a net worth report that reports only the cost basis of the investment accounts, not the current portfolio value. When I look at the account transaction summary in the left pane of the window, the net worth is reported correctly. It's only when I run the Net Worth report does it report just the cost basis.

I have compared each individual setting of the two Net Worth reports, ensured that the realized gain is selected in the Categories tab in Customize Net Worth report, and that "Include unrealized gains" is checked in the Advanced section of Customize Net Worth report. All settings match, but the reported number for boy #2 is only reporting the cost basis.

Additionally, when I view the graph on the Home page of Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities for boy #2, it shows the correct amount - the current portfolio value. But when I click Options for that graph and select "Show the full Net Worth graph", the graph and report open up displaying a reduced net worth figure - one that matches the cost basis exactly. 

It seems to be a selection criteria that is missing or inadvertently checked and throwing off only the Net Worth report (and the subsequent graph when included with that report). I can't imagine it's a bug in one Quicken file but not in another. It sounds like a report setting, and I've tried all suggestions in other posts.

Oh, and I've run Validate and Repair on this file as well. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Dean,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Our Development teams have been researching this behavior and have identified a bug with non-valid Reinvest Dividend or Reinvest Interest transactions with zero shares causing a discrepancy between the Net Worth report and the Portfolio view or value.

A solution for these discrepancies has been found and estimated to be a part of the July release.  Please note, this date is an estimate and subject to change if any additional issues or problems are found during the testing phase.

In the meantime, a workaround to solve these discrepancies is to delete the non-valid transactions.  These can be found by creating an Investment Transaction report filtered to show Reinvest Transactions only.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.