Determine which securities aren't updating....

Options
Microfiche
Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Whenever I download quotes, I get this error:

Is there ANY way to determine which security(s) are not updating?
I have confirmed that AT&T is NOT the problem, but I have a large number of securities and no way to know what list my tickers are being compared to - so that I could dump out my tickers and compare to a list of Quicken tickers. That would be the easiest way.
Any way to access that underlying data and get a list of securities and a "last updated" field or something?
Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Not easily that I have discovered.  

I have pulled up the portfolio view with any view that includes quotes.  You'll see an icon next to any quotes that have not been updated.  That may lead you somewhere to identify securities you think should have been updated but have not been.  You might add the ticker symbol to that view for more complete info.  

In my case, I have usually found the problem to be some Bond or similar security that somehow has a ticker and is checked for download Quotes (Ctrl-Y Security List).  
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

Investing > Portfolio

Assuming you have at least one of the "Show:" options that displays all the securities that you expect Quicken to get prices for: select that "Show:" option and choose to "Group by:" Security.

Securities whose price is not current will display a small clock icon in their Quote/Price column. Hovering your cursor on the clock icon will display the date of the most current price for that security.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

Investing > Portfolio

Assuming you have at least one of the "Show:" options that displays all the securities that you expect Quicken to get prices for: select that "Show:" option and choose to "Group by:" Security.

Securities whose price is not current will display a small clock icon in their Quote/Price column. Hovering your cursor on the clock icon will display the date of the most current price for that security.

Thank you - that helps!
    Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    OK - so have determined that it is ALL my mutual finds from Dynamic and Edgepoint that are not downloading. I have previously downloaded and imported prices because of this, so I assume the "last updated" date might be those import dates and transactions have never downloaded?
    Any way to get these to download? I can see that they exist on the Quicken website - e.g. tickers DYN2210, DYN2214, EDG1001, DYN1623, DYN046, CCM9940 et al.?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

OK - so have determined that it is ALL my mutual finds from Dynamic and Edgepoint that are not downloading. I have previously downloaded and imported prices because of this, so I assume the "last updated" date might be those import dates and transactions have never downloaded?
    Any way to get these to download? I can see that they exist on the Quicken website - e.g. tickers DYN2210, DYN2214, EDG1001, DYN1623, DYN046, CCM9940 et al.?

Those tickers suggest you are using the Canadian Quicken - important info.  'Fraid I can't help you in that direction.  
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

Yes - Quicken Home & Business 2018 R4.4 Build 27.1.4.4 - Canada edition.
This discussion has been closed.