Can I transfer files from Quicken 2013 Home and Business for Windows to Quicken 2108 Deluxe for Mac/

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in File Conversion and Backup (Mac)
Can I transfer files from Quicken 2013 Home and Business for Windows to Quicken 2108 Deluxe for Mac/Windows? Will I be able to retrieve the data and now use it on my Mac?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    With Q 2108 you appear to be a little too far into the future ... ;-)
    The answer to your question is "Yes, but ..."
    Yes, you can install Q 2018 for Windows to upgrade (or should I say "downgrade"?) from Q 2013. But, since you're downgrading the feature level, all your business - related Invoice account registers will no longer function as invoice accounts. All that business - related functionality is turned off, but the transactions will remain in your account registers.
    After converting to Q 2018 Deluxe for Windows you can take this data file over to your Mac and load it into Q 2018 Mac. Again, no business functions available on the Mac. And, no data sharing between Mac and Windows due to separate, incompatible database formats.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

With Q 2108 you appear to be a little too far into the future ... ;-)
    The answer to your question is "Yes, but ..."
    Yes, you can install Q 2018 for Windows to upgrade (or should I say "downgrade"?) from Q 2013. But, since you're downgrading the feature level, all your business - related Invoice account registers will no longer function as invoice accounts. All that business - related functionality is turned off, but the transactions will remain in your account registers.
    After converting to Q 2018 Deluxe for Windows you can take this data file over to your Mac and load it into Q 2018 Mac. Again, no business functions available on the Mac. And, no data sharing between Mac and Windows due to separate, incompatible database formats.

Ha!  That's funny.  Thank you for the help.
This discussion has been closed.