Bond Maturity report

q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 12 in Reports (Windows)
The Maturity Date report for bonds and CDs is structured more simply with fewer options than most Quicken reports.  I suggest some enhancements to that report would benefit many users.

1) Add totals to the listed bonds and CDs to show both the total face value (@ $100/share for bonds, $1/share for CDS) and total current market value. (See:https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/total-up-bond-shares)

2) Correct the "NA" that reports as Purchase Date for some Bonds

3) Allow Subtotals By:  Account, Security Type, Security (current format). Month, Quarter, or Year.  The Month / Quarter / Year options would be using the maturity date.  

4) Subtotal By Account should include the '+' expansion option for completeness and consistency with the difference being possibly different purchase dates.

5)  Add a column option for Call Date (default to include)

6)  Add a columns for Yield to Maturity (default to include)

The gist of this improvements should make the report more valuable to the user and more consistent with customization options in other reports. 
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Lauren BabusLauren Babus Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    These enhancements would be very useful as more users are purchasing individual bonds and want to monitor them as they do their equity purchases.
  • David HDavid H Member
    edited June 2018
    A bond ladder report(Maturity Report) is a basic investment tool that should be available.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12

[removed]

I had already voted for this idea [removed]. I think it's a good idea and don't know why they would reject it so quickly.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I totally agree with your requested enhancements.  All are solid suggestions that will benefit most fixed income investors by making this report more useful.   Especially since fields like "call date" and "yield to maturity" are already in the security data record anyway.  And fixing that "NA" problem on purchase date - that's the issue I was researching that brought me to this thread this morning.   But your suggestions are all excellent - thanks for posting.  Quicken - please consider addressing this.  
  • Savvy InvestorSavvy Investor Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    While these recommended enhancements are all valuable and important, there is a fundamental problem with the current Maturity Dates for Bonds and CDs report which also needs to be addressed. The report, as it exists now, includes fixed-income investments which are no longer owned if their maturity date is in the future. This situation can happen because a bond is sold prior to maturity or because it is called prior to maturity. It should be a rather straightforward fix to remove fixed-income securities no longer owned from this report.