Track Mileage for a Rental Property - Quicken Home and Business 2017

ozzy032
ozzy032 Member ✭✭
I use Quicken 2017 Home and Business to track personal finances, investments, and rental property expenses. I'm trying to use the Mileage Tracker feature under the Business tab, and Business Tools options for tracking mileage associated with my properties. In the Mileage Tracker module, next to the trip type drop down, I can select Rental Property. The field immediately below that changes from Business to Property which is good, but when I click the drop down arrow to select which property, there are no options. It just says "No property name". I can't seem to figure out how to add a property so that it shows up in this list. Can anyone direct me to how this is done?image

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

Properties (and Tenants) are added/maintained in the Rent Center on the Rental Property tab.

With the Rent Center open, open the Properties & Tenants dropdown and select Add Property.

Once you have setup your properties in Quicken, they will appear in the rental property Mileage Tracker.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ozzy032
    ozzy032 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the reply CD, but as far as I can tell, there is no Rental Property tab or Rent Center in Quicken 2017 Home and Business.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ozzy032 said:

Thanks for the reply CD, but as far as I can tell, there is no Rental Property tab or Rent Center in Quicken 2017 Home and Business.

From C. D. Bales:

Sorry, I missed that you are not using the Rental Property edition. You need the Rental Property edition to be able to add "properties" (and "tenants").

Starting with Q2018, the Home&Business and Rental Property editions have been combined into one Quicken edition.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ozzy032
    ozzy032 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ozzy032 said:

Great. So 2017 Quicken H&B gives me the opportunity to select the trip type as 'Property', but then doesn't actually let me add a property, nice. That's absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Quicken, you should do better for your customers. I wasted at least an hour of my life trying to figure out where this option was. Quicken, I assumed it was there, since, well, you know, YOU GAVE ME THE OPTION TO CHOOSE RENTAL PROPERTY!
This discussion has been closed.