How do you recategorize multiple categories at once?

I am "overhauling" my category list.  When I pull up transactions for a category, I can right click on one transaction, and choose re-categorize.  However, if I select more than one, it won't let me re- categorize in bulk.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    You can't.  It is one at a time.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

You can't recategorize more than one transaction at a time?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

You can't recategorize more than one transaction at a time?
    Yes of your can do that.

The question is if you can recategorize multiple categories at the same time.

Or at least that is how I took it, even though this part of the statement is confusing/wrong "I can right click on one transaction"

She is on the category list.  The entries there aren't "transactions", they are categories.

So if your wanted to recategorize say House Work and House Maintenance, to Housing you would have to select each those one at a time, and recatgorize them.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Note if this is in fact being done in the register then you certainly can select the transactions, and right click and select "Assign Category".  Or even "Edit Transaction(s)"
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    You might be able to use Edit>Find/Replace to more efficiently re-categorize transactions in bulk. You can select multiple transactions found based on a queried column heading and then apply a new category to all selected transactions.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    With Quicken 19, you can recategorize multiple entries.  Select all the entries by clicking on 1 & using the Shift button & the down arrow to mark all, then right click & choose recategorize, then pick your category.
This discussion has been closed.