Balance not shown in cash account

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am using Quicken 2017 for Windows and am no longer able to see or track the balance in a cash account.  This functionality has obviously been removed because it still works in 2014.  What's up?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Select the lower gear icon in the register, and select the columns you want.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ Warren ,

The Lower Gear that QPW mentions is called the Register Columns.

See this Article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

You did not include the R # for Quicken 2017.

Don't forget to sort via Date Column, otherwise your Running Balance will be inaccurate.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I am running Quicken 2017 R17.2 Build 26.1.17.2 on Windows 10 64-bit.

The Balance column is shown in the register for all my accounts.  It just will not allow me to have or put any data in that column for this particular account.  This is in one of my cash accounts but not the only one. I have several.  

I have tried editing the account to no avail.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Warren said:

The Balance column is shown in the register for all my accounts.  It just will not allow me to have or put any data in that column for this particular account.  This is in one of my cash accounts but not the only one. I have several.  

The balance column is a calculated column, you can't edit it.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Warren said:

Hi @ Warren ,

The Balance Column is changed by adding a Transaction to the Register and entering a Spend Figure or a Receive Figure. and the Balance changes.

Do each Cash Account, have its own Name?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Warren said:

Looking at what you said again.  Are you saying that you have multiple cash accounts working fine, but only one that isn't, and that the balance column is there, but some just not being filled in?

If so it sounds like it is corrupted, and I would recreate it and move the transactions to the new account using this procedure:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Warren said:

Creating a new account and doing a Copy/Paste solved the problem which evidently was a corrupted account. 

Thanks for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.