Have to reload Quicken to my desktop.

Options
Alyce@
Alyce@ Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in File Conversion and Backup (Mac)
Have to reload Quicken to my desktop.  Files are all gone.  My phone is updated to the latest transactions, is there a way to back load from the phone to my quicken on my iMac

Comments

• Alyce@
    Alyce@ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Have to reload Quicken to my desktop..

Have to reload Quicken to my desktop.  2015 on an iMac. Files are all gone, thanks to a "security upgrade" from Apple that they did without my knowledge, it crashed my apple and we had to start from scratch with all apps.  My phone is updated to the latest transactions, is there a way to back load from the phone to my quicken on my iMac
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

AFAIK ... If you don't have a Time Machine backup or any other backup to external storage device that you can restore your Quicken data file from, I'm afraid, you'll be starting from scratch.

The data on your phone cannot be used to restore your lost desktop data file. It's not designed for it and it's not a complete data file anyway.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

AFAIK ... If you don't have a Time Machine backup or any other backup to external storage device that you can restore your Quicken data file from, I'm afraid, you'll be starting from scratch.

The data on your phone cannot be used to restore your lost desktop data file. It's not designed for it and it's not a complete data file anyway.

What good then is Quicken cloud backup??
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

What good then is Quicken cloud backup??
    There is no such thing as "Quicken cloud backup".

The "Quicken cloud" isn't a backup.

It is a partial copy of your data enough to supply the information needed for the Quicken Mobile app and Quicken Web to function.
This discussion has been closed.