Copying a report into email - the columns do not line up

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Reports (Windows)
When I want to copy a report into an email (gmail) I have to create a text file by Export. I then copy and paste from the saved file. But when it is pasted into gmail the amounts column does not line up. I am using Quicken with property module version 2019 R14.27. Build 27.1.14.27

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    In the Report View click the envelope icon, then select Email as PDF document

That should create a printable PDF file which will align properly when viewed or printed.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Or after you paste the text file into your email, highlight it and choose the "fixed width" font rather than the default sans serif.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

Or after you paste the text file into your email, highlight it and choose the "fixed width" font rather than the default sans serif.

I tried this - it doesn't work
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2018

Did the PDF option work for you, or do you still want to explore embedding text?

If so, what report is it that you want to embed, and what application are you using when you open the exported file to copy it?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I am exporting into the body of a GMAIL when composing.
    It is a "selected transaction list". But it does not work on any report copied using the COPY  function in the drop down list under Export icon when viewing the report. I have tried selecting the fixed width font, both with and without selecting the text before selecting. The amounts do not line up.
    The PDF option is OK, but it has to be sent as an attachment, and not embedded in gmail

• Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    OK, I see the problem - when you use the Export route it is separating the columns with TAB characters and you need spaces.

Try this:
    From the report, choose Print then Export to and leave the format as the default of text file.
    Save the file.
    Open the file in Notepad or your choice of text editor.
    Select All
    Copy
    Paste into your gmail message and set the font to fixed width.

Voila!

This discussion has been closed.