Fidelity posting error

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Recently my Fidelity IRA account started posting inaccurate data. I believe it started around the time of the 5.8 release. I realize this may be a Fidelity problem, but I am not sure how to solved it.  
The dips are weekends mostly. No clue what happened in mid- July

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Have you tried "Rebuild History..." of the securities in you Fidelity account? You may also want to look a the "Price History" of each security to see if any of them have zero or suspiciously small entries.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Are you talking about the Windows version. I see no such options in the menus of Quicken for Mac. Also, I have thoroughly checked all of my transactions to find matching entries - none exist.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018

Are you talking about the Windows version. I see no such options in the menus of Quicken for Mac. Also, I have thoroughly checked all of my transactions to find matching entries - none exist.

The rebuild history is found by opening the Securities window. Find the security of interest and double click it, which opens the Security Detail pane. On that pane, click the Options menu and the Rebuild History.

This problem was caused by the 10-to-1 stock split that occurred for several of Fidelity funds a while back. Apparently this caused a glitch in the quote server that reported the old price on Fridays. It's been reported that it has since corrected itself, but rebuilding the history may be necessary.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

Bingo - that changed everything.  I had forgotten about the stock split. 
  • james Franke
    james Franke Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I tried the rebuild on Fidelity Contrafund and got no changes. So, I did it again with removing the checks (do not update, do not delete) and that changed all the actual closing prices BEFORE 8/10 by dividing by 10 (say 136 to 13.6). So now it looks like the 10 for 1 change increased my values a whole lot. Which it really did not. I'm confused about the prices. My price history was about 136 before 8/10 and 13 after. But looking a Yahoo history it shows 12 to 13 for many months before 8/10.
This discussion has been closed.