LIST OF SECURITIES MISSING FROM ONLY ONE INVESTMENT ACCOUNT REGISTER

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have several investment accounts, but in only one of them the list of securities does not show up when you try to enter them.  The only security is the single one that I started with 2 years ago.  Now I am trying to add another.  Since it does not see the security it wants me to create it.  When I do, it tells me that I cannot create a duplicate security.  Like I say, the securities are all visible in all other investment accounts.  This is a surprising problem.  I am using Quicken 2015.  Thank you.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Is that Account maybe set up as a Single Mutual Fund? If it is a SMF you should be able to edit the account and change it. There might be a yes or no box for Single Mutual Fund.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I was playing with it again just now and it seems that you cannot see Canadian securities in a US account or visa versa.  Any security that is not set as US currency is not visible I think.  Is this really so?  This does happen in real accounts so I hope Quicken can manage this.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ronald said:

I was playing with it again just now and it seems that you cannot see Canadian securities in a US account or visa versa.  Any security that is not set as US currency is not visible I think.  Is this really so?  This does happen in real accounts so I hope Quicken can manage this.

That is really so.  The account security must match the security currency.  Otherwise it heads into an apples and oranges fiasco.  My understanding is that the FIs really do this also - treat accounts separately even if they are reporting to you all in one.  (But multiple currencies is not in my realm of expertise.  I am not a reliable source.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hmmmm.  OK. That seems to answer that.  Seems odd though and easy to fix since exchange rates are also known.
    Thank you.  (Thanks to both of you.) 

(FIs?  Sorry.  Probably straight forward, but I can't figure it out.)
    ------------------------------------------
    (A few years ago I upgraded to this Quicken from Quicken four; a large leap.  I have pages and pages of notes of what did not change for the better.  Things that you cannot do anymore that you used to.  I do not actually know if this current problem also existed before or not.  Certainly there were some improvements too.)

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ronald said:

Hmmmm.  OK. That seems to answer that.  Seems odd though and easy to fix since exchange rates are also known.
    Thank you.  (Thanks to both of you.) 

(FIs?  Sorry.  Probably straight forward, but I can't figure it out.)
    ------------------------------------------
    (A few years ago I upgraded to this Quicken from Quicken four; a large leap.  I have pages and pages of notes of what did not change for the better.  Things that you cannot do anymore that you used to.  I do not actually know if this current problem also existed before or not.  Certainly there were some improvements too.)

FI = Financial Institution

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.