Extract attachments from Q2018 to be used in Q2019 for Mac

Kathryn Harrison
Kathryn Harrison Member ✭✭
I have just migrated from Q2018 to Mac 2019. I understand that my attachments will not transfer.  Any way to extract them from my  windows files?

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi @ kathryn.h222 ,

The answer is simply. Go to your Windows Computer and reinstall Quicken and save the attachments individually.

Otherwise, the answer is No.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Hi @ kathryn.h222 ,

The answer is simply. Go to your Windows Computer and reinstall Quicken and save the attachments individually.

Otherwise, the answer is No.

Because of errors I've had in the past saving attachments in Quicken Windows..and the subsequent conversion to Quicken Mac... I no longer save any attachments in any Quicken product.

There are many outside ways of saving receipts/bills/warranties etc without attaching them in Quicken.

For example, for my MacBook Pro I use another software product that organizes my 
    "paper trail".  But you can actually do the same with your Mac by just creating one folder and then appropriate subfolders as if you were filing them in a file cabinet.  I also have colored Tags set up for specific quick reference, such as Schedule A, Schedule B, receipts, warranties, etc.

I found over the years that Quicken has issues losing my attachments, not converting from one year version to another and bloating my data file.

I find my solution to be easier and more reliable, as it's backed up to my Time Machine automatically.

Your mileage may vary, however. 
This discussion has been closed.