CANNOT RECONCILE INVESTMENT ACCOUNT

Options
Leslie Lewis
Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
After entering several new transactions into one of my investment accounts (no linked checking account involved), I try to reconcile the account to my bank statements, Quicken responds with "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." 

None of the transactions show as reconciled.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

"None of the transactions show as reconciled".

Immaterial.

While you can not see "posting dates" in an investment accounts, you need to read, and understand, how Quicken determines which transactions qualify for a reconcile.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

[And by the way, it's never impossible to reconcile an account. All accounts can be manually reconciled (have the appropriate transactions marked as reconciled) - and non-investment account transactions can be manually reconciled en-masse.]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thanks!
  • dbward3e10
    dbward3e10 Member
    Options
    Manual reconciliation is tedious, especially for a 401(k) account that generates at least four transactions every pay period.  I do it once or twice a year, and could really benefit from a keyboard shortcut or bulk method of marking everything as reconciled at the end.  All of that mouse clicking makes my index finger ache...

Please, Quicken, give us a keyboard option to set transaction status, especially in investment accounts!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

"Please, Quicken, give us a keyboard option to set transaction status, especially in investment accounts!"

That option already exists; it's called "Reconcile".

You can initiate a reconcile in most accounts by selecting "Reconcile" from the Account Actions dropdown. You can initiate a reconcile in most accounts by holding down CTRL while pressing "r". You can place an icon in the Quicken Toolbar to click when you want to initiate a reconcile (if no account is open when you click that icon, Quicken will ask which account you want to reconcile).

And in non-investment accounts, you can select multiple transactions (as you would select multiple files in Windows Explorer); then right-click a selected transaction, place your cursor on "Reconcile" and choose "Reconciled".

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.