How to Get P/E Ratio on the Investing > Portfolio tab for Quicken 2017 Home and Business

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
How to Get P/E Ratio on  the Investing > Portfolio tab for Quicken 2017 Home and Business?

After adding the P/E Ratio column on the Investing > Portfolio tab, the P/E Ratio column is all blank. I can see  the P/E Ratio for Intuit at 45 under the Security Detail: INTU view, but it is blank under the Investing > Portfolio tab for INTU.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    That's odd. It is working for me in QWin 2018 Premier R9.34. It is blank for mutual funds and ETFs, but appears to be correct for stocks.

Is it just blank for INTU, or for all your stocks?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Something odd is going on.  For my QW2017 R15.13, the PE column is blank for all securities.  Expected blanks for bonds, MF, etc. but this applies to all stocks as well. 

Confirming the OP's comment, I do see PE information in the Security Details for most of those stocks like Aetna-AET, Alphabet-GOOG and GOOGL, and Amazon-AMZN early in the alphabet; some like GE are currently N/A .  In the portfolio views, all that is shown are blanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I have Quicken 2017 Home and Business, Version R16.2

P/E Ratio are blank for all Stocks under Investing > Portfolio tab. 
    P/E Ratio are blank for all Stocks under Investing > Portfolio tab > Fundamentals View.
    P/E Ratio is available under Security Detail View.

I am running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit.

Here is the screen shot:
  • Jim_Harman
    edited June 2018
    q.lurker said:

Something odd is going on.  For my QW2017 R15.13, the PE column is blank for all securities.  Expected blanks for bonds, MF, etc. but this applies to all stocks as well. 

Confirming the OP's comment, I do see PE information in the Security Details for most of those stocks like Aetna-AET, Alphabet-GOOG and GOOGL, and Amazon-AMZN early in the alphabet; some like GE are currently N/A .  In the portfolio views, all that is shown are blanks.

GE is N/A I think because the earnings are negative. But should not be blank in the portfolio view.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    q.lurker said:

From C. D. Bales:

Q2017 R16.2

All my stocks are reporting non-blank, non-zero P/E ratios ... when I have the Portfolio Grouped By Security.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jmansdad
    Jmansdad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am running Deluxe 2018 R11.18 and have the exact same issue with P/E as Tim.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited September 2018
    Jmansdad said:

I am seeing P/E for stocks in the Investing > Portfolio Fundamentals view, but (as expected) not for Mutual funds or ETFs.

What stocks are not showing P/Es for you? Is the P/E displayed in the Security Detail view for those stocks?
  • Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hello Tim and Jmansdad,

Sorry to hear you're both experiencing this. Please reply at your earliest convenience to Jim's questions (above) for additional assistance.

Thank you,
    Alex
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I have created some custom security types like Health and Energy.  The P/E ratio is blank for all the new types, but shows in the default types.  Stocks that show a P/E ratio in the Stock type loses the display when moved to a custom type.
  • Jmansdad
    Jmansdad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jmansdad said:

None of my stocks are reflecting a P/E in the Fundamentals view.  They include Googl, BRK.B, AMZN, T, MTCH and GRUB.  All reflect a P/E in Security Detail view except for BRK.B.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    We've pinpoint the problem with hint from Mike Gilbert. 

The problems is with customer Stock Type. Here is how to reproduce the problem:

1. Add MSFT (Microsoft) to your portfolio.
    2. Change the Security Details of MSFT to a custom Stock Type, say "FANGPlus"
    3. You now will see blank P/E Ratio of MSFT in any Portfolio views.
    4. Change the Security Details of MSFT back to default Stock Type of "Stock"
    5. Now you will see the P/E Ratio of MSFT in all your Portfolio views.

This is a bug in the product. Unfortunately, neither Quicken Support or 3rd party support can indentify the problem. Thanks to this forum and kudos to Mike Gilbert.

This discussion has been closed.